Critical Thinking Response
Question #4: Whose perspective is missing in this text ?What would it be like if we put it back ?
I am reading a book called Crank by Ellen Hopkins. The main character Kristina has a lot of situations that happens to her throughout the whole. Kristina has to deal with these issues all by herself, even though she "lives" with her dad. So I think that her father perspective is missing from the text. If the were in their daughters life and new what she was doing everyday. Kristina wouldn't be in that position of having to deal with so many issues in her life, at a young age.
In the book Crank I think that Kristina's father perspective is missing from the text. The reason I think this because, Kristina goes out with men at night that she doesn't even know. Where 's her father when you need him to say, " Where are you going, who are you going out with " etc. Her father doesn't have a clue what she does. She got a tattoo with out her father knowing anything. Seriously, I just don't understand her father does he have a brain ? Another example would be, she got pregnant with some guy she slept one night. Where was her dad to stop her. See, she got pregnant with some guy that doesn't even want the baby. Where was her dad when she needed him ?
I think that if the author Ellen Hopkins puts Kristina's dad perspective in the story, these situations wouldn't be happening to Kristina. Either if he did care and she still had these situations, she a least knows that her dad cares, and made an effort and confronted her. But I doubt these situations would happen if her dad perspective was in the story. Kristina would actually do the opposite and do the right thing and listen.
In conclusion, I think that Kristina's fathers perspective is missing from the text. These issues wouldn't had happen to Kristina if her dad was there for her. And also if her father was there he would be able to tell her what's right and wrong, and be protective over her. Kristina would also feel like someone cares for me at least.
I'm also reading Crank and i totally agree but i think the author was trying to doo that because the dad is always either too drunk or too high to really care and he did know Buddy so they werent strangers.
ReplyDelete